Online voting for the "2019 Three Acts of Goodness Microfilm Creation Competition" officially started
July 15 ~ 31 (Monday ~ Wednesday)
BLIA World Headquarters Facebook
Online voting for the best liked entries has begun!
The top 10 entries with the most votes will qualify for the finals!
Also, prize draw for predicting the champion!
Go online to the “champion movie” of your choice and write in the comment below: “You are my champion,” and also tagging two friends. To conclude, click “like” and share your comment of the entry to qualify for the prize draw!
One lucky winner will be selected from the comments below the champion movie and presented with a piece of “Venerable Master Hsing Yun One-stroke Calligraphy” work!
“2019 Three Acts of Goodness Micro-movie Contest” ~
Everyone practices the “Three Acts of Goodness,” the world will be a wonderful place!
Come to be the judge! Come to predict the champion for a prize!
2019 "Three Acts of Goodness" Micro-film Creative Competition
To spread truth, kindness, and beauty of the world in response to the Three Acts of Goodness: “do good deeds, speak good words, and have good thoughts,” as advocated by Venerable Master Hsing Yun. The “Three Acts of Goodness Microfilm Contest” aims to inspire talents in different regions to present the most beautiful and kindest stories in life in microfilm format, joining together to promote love and peace in the world.
- Environmental preservation topics: Environmental and spiritual preservation, energy saving and carbon reduction, promoting “Vege Plan A” etc.
- Concepts centering on the Three Acts of Goodness: Averting wars, enhancing ethnic harmony, promoting the practice of Three Acts of Goodness.
- Buddhist stories: Biography of the Buddha, stories of eminent monks, the One Hundred Parables Sutra or writings of Venerable Master Hsing Yun etc.
- Online submission: February 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019. The artworks will be evaluated by the Institute-in-Charge and the accepted entries will be available for online voting.Voting period: July 15, 2019 to July 31, 2019.
- Evaluation by judges: In August 2019 (the exact time and place of which will be announced by the Institute-in-Charge).
- Announcement of results: In October 2019 (the exact time of which will be announced by the Institute-in-Charge).
- Citizens of any country, 16 years old and above with imagination, creativity, and a passion for making videos and movies.
- Contestants are not allowed to register multiple times or submit multiple entries.
- Contestants can apply as an individual or as a group.
First Step：Complete online registration form, download the Authorization Letter, which should be completed and signed before scanning into e-file for uploading as attachment. The artwork entry is to be uploaded to YouTube as a non-public/private link for the Institute-in-Charge to evaluate.
Second Step：Upon notification of approval, please reset artwork on YouTube link to open to public, then re-upload to contestant’s own Google Drive as a sharing link. Registration is then complete. Please see the contest’s website for details: http://blia.org/global-view/activity-message/2019microfilm-en
- The name of the film should follow the standard: “Three Acts of Goodness – XXXXX,” for instance, “Three Acts of Goodness – Vege Plan A Everyday.”
- Incorporate within the storyline FGS’s three acts of goodness spirit: do good deeds, speak good words, think good thoughts.
- The movie can be filmed with any video and/or audio equipment, but should be rich in elements of story and music.
- The movie cannot contradict public order or the mores of kindness and benevolence.
- The length of the artwork entry, including opening and ending, must be least 2 minutes long but no longer than 15 minutes.
- The movie format should be in MP4 and HD (1920×1080).
- No individual name or team name is allowed to appear anywhere in the film. The BLIA logo is to appear at the ending, the file of which can be downloaded at: http://bit.ly/2JBw9fL.
- Production of the original artwork should be finished after December 31, 2018.
- Chinese or English subtitles are to be included in the film.
- The Institute-in-Charge will notify the contestants who failed to follow all the listed requirements and give them a deadline to make rectifications. Contestants who failed to rectify by the deadline given will be deemed as forfeiting their right to contest.
- First Round – qualification evaluation and internet voting Institute-in-Charge will evaluate if the film is in accordance with this contest’s theme and whether it has met all the requirements. All the contesting entries that have passed evaluation will be available at BLIA World Headquarters Facebook page for followers to vote on. The results will be tallied according to the number of likes on Facebook plus the number of shares multiplied by 2. The top 10 entries will enter the final round.
- First Round – judging standards
①. Theme expression: 50% (must be close to the theme)
②. Creativity: 30% (full of imagination and creativity)
③. Overall presentation: 20% (film is complete in its production)
- First Prize：US$3,000
- Second Prize：US$2,000
- Third Prize：US$1,000
- Honorable Mention：US$500
＊Subject to taxes according to the law
【Announcement of Results】
Winning entries will be recognized with awards at the BLIA Directors Meeting in October 2019. Announcement will be made at BLIA World Headquarters Facebook page and BLIA World Headquarters official website. And winners will be duly notified. The time of announcement will be decided by BLIA World Headquarters.