General Conference/ 2nd Meeting of the Seventh Board of Directors Meeting/ Certification for Elder Advisors Committees/ Handing Over Ceremony for Former and New Chapter Presidents/ Certification for BLIA Elder Advisors/ Certification and Promotion for BLIA Lay Dharma Lecturers/ Recognition of Outstanding Chapters/Night of Buddha’s Light
|Ex-officio Delegates:||BLIA World Headquarters Elders, Directors, Committee Directors, Deputy Committee Directors, Lay Dharma Lecturers/Teachers, Chapter Elder Advisors, and Chapter Presidents.||
|Delegates:||1.Five delegates per national/regional chapter, with one additional delegate per 100 members, up to a maximum of two hundred (200) delegates. All delegates must have a valid identification card issued by BLIA World Headquarters.
2.Participating delegates must carry Membership card issued by the World Headquarters
3.Chapter Monastic Advisor
4.One delegate from Group Members
|Observers:||1.BLIA Chapters (Subchapters) executives and members.
2.2 to 3 delegates from Group Members
|Spectators:||Unlimited number, every spectator will receive a conference souvenir.||Participate in EITHER ONE of the two activities:
□ Conference Opening Ceremony
□ Night of Buddha’s Light
- Ex-officio Delegates, Delegates, and Observers:
• USD$300.00 if registered and paid in full by July 31, 2020
• USD$350.00 if registered and paid in full during August 1~31, 2020
• USD$400.00 if registered and paid in full on and after September 1, 2020
Remark: Accommodation during the conference (6 days and 5 nights) is included in the above fee.
- Spectators: USD$100.00 per person (due to limited space, no accommodation is available)
- For any BLIA General Conference participants who plan to arrive earlier or leave later and require accommodation (own expense), please register with the organizer’s liaison office in advance for ease of arrangements.
- Chapters (monastic advisors) are to collect all relevant fees to be submitted before September 10.
- Deadline: From April 1 to September 10, 2020 till full, for registration form, please see Attachment 1.
- How to register: Online at https://www.blia.org
- Flight information: For ease of coordinating transportation, all chapters must provide flight schedule online once flights are confirmed.
- Visa application: Nationals of India, Vietnam, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, or Laos, please got to official website of the Foreign Affairs Ministry https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-39-2182-1fcd2-1.html for the online application for Taiwan Travel Authorization Certificate. If application is not approved, please contact the organizer for assistance one-and-a-half months prior to the General Conference check-in date.
- Participants: Ex-officio Delegates, Delegates, Observers, and Monastic Advisors
- Time: October 3 (Saturday), 2:00 to 7:00 PM
- Place: Monastery Services Center Fo Guang Shan, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- How to check in: Please provide personal BLIA Membership Card.
- Process: Swipe membership card Confirm fee payment (pay before September 10) Pick up Conference name badge and souvenirs Check-in room.
* For those holding old Membership Cards (no barcode on the front), please apply to the World
Headquarters Membership Unit as soon as possible for a new card.
* Check-in time and place for Spectators will be announced later.
6. Additional Notes:
- What to wear and participant identification: General Conference participants must wear the BLIA uniform with Membership Card for ease of identification, especially for airport and high speed rail terminal pickup service.
- Opening Ceremony:
(1) Delegates are to wave their national flags and to dress in costumes that are representative of their countries or cultural heritage to enhance the diversity of BLIA.
(2) Chapters which elected new presidents in 2019 and those who assumed the new position as presidents in 2018 must participate in the Handing-over Ceremony for Presidents. Please carry your own chapter flag and president sash.
- Accommodation and transportation service:
(1) Available for General Conference from October 2 to October 9.
(2) If chapters require accommodation and transportation service before October 2 and/or after October 9, monastic advisors or chapter representatives are required to coordinate all requirements and register with the General Conference accommodation unit. All expenses will be the responsibility of the individual.
*Please notify your requirements early (before September 1) for ease of arrangements and reducing the number of moves for rooms.
(3) Shuttle service: Mainly for pickup and drop-off as a whole group. If service is required
outside of the General Conference service time (October 2-3 and 8-9), or for personal
requirements, monastic advisors or chapter representatives are to coordinate the requirements for
registering with the General Conference to order car service.
(4) Meals: For those arriving before October 2 and departing after October 9 after the General Conference, monastic advisors or chapter representatives are to coordinate the number of people for partaking in meditative meals at the Cloud Dwelling Building. Those who prefer to have meals on their own should not be included.
- Dates for submission of various forms:
(1) Participants of Creative Activity Contest, please submit all information before May 31. (Attachment 2)
(2) Application of Outstanding Chapter, Certification and Promotion for BLIA Lay Dharma Lecturers are to submit relevant information before July 10. (Attachment 3)
(3) For the following information, please submit before September 5:
i) New Elder Advisor Committee, Chapter Work Report Registration, Night of Buddha’s Light Registration (Attachments 4-6)
ii) Activity exhibition application: An exhibition area will be provided by the organizing committee for chapters to display their achievements and activities, participation is most welcome. Please refer to Attachment 7 for detailed information and registration form.
iii) General Conference Sponsorship Form: Individual and group sponsorships for the General
Conference are welcome and appreciated by the organizing committee. Please refer to
Attachment 8 for detailed information and sponsorship form.
- BLIA members holding Chinese passports who want to participate in the General Conference and require a visa for entering Taiwan, please contact Ven. Zhi Yi at +886-2-2762-0112 ex. 2562.
- For all other enquiries, please contact BLIA World Headquarters.
7. Methods of Payment:
1. Please wire all relevant fees to BLIA Chunghua account before September 10 as follows:
|$NTD||Bank Name||TAIWAN COOPERATIVE BANK－SONG SHAN BRANCH|
|Account Name||BUDDHA’S LIGHT INTERNATIONAL ASSOC. OF R.O.C.|
|Foreign||Bank Name||TAIWAN COOPERATIVE BANK－SONG SHAN BRANCH|
|Address||622, SEC 4, PA-DER RD., TAIPEI, TAIWAN, R. O. C.|
|TEL||+886 (2) 2762-0112分機2548 蔡美麗師姑|
|FAX||+886 (2) 2760-8623|
2. Please complete 2020 BLIA Chapter Dues and Fees Payment for submission at check-in. (Attachment 9)
- BLIA World Headquarters America Secretarial Office:
3456 S Glenmark Drive, Hacienda Heights, CA 91745 U.S.A.
Tel: 1-626-968-4675~77 Fax: 1-626-968-1255
Contact person: Ven. Chueh Chung
- BLIA World Headquarters Asia Secretarial Office:
8F, 327 Sung Lung Road, Taipei 11087, Taiwan
Tel: 886-2-2762-0112 ex. 2330 Fax: 886-2-2762-8623
Contact person: Ven. You Rong
- Organizer (BLIA Chunghua):
8F, 327 Sung Lung Road, Taipei 11087, Taiwan
Tel: 886-2-2762-0112 ex. 2538 Fax: 886-2-2762-8623
Contact person: Ven. Zhi Shang