BLIA began sending rescue workers, medical teams, and supplies to help the victims of the deadly Sichuan Earthquake in 2008 immediately after the earthquake struck.
Presented below is a record of our donations and daily events from the day the earthquake struck to the end of May 2008.
While this shows our work during the immediate aftermath of the earthquake, our efforts to help rebuild destroyed communities continues to this day.
Thank you for your compassion and support!
Donations as of May 2008:
1. Changming Middle School in Jiangyou, Sichuan: RMB$12,000,000-13,000,000
2. Muyu Township Junior High School in Qingchuan County, Sichuan: RMB$10,000,000-$13,000,000
3. Qingchuan County Muyu Township Medical Center, Sichuan: RMB$7,000,000-$8,000,000
4. Rebuild a Buddhist temple in major disaster area: RMB$7,000,000
5. Mobile clinics as temporary medical care stations
Daily report to May 2008: