- Objective: The development of BLIA is based on religious faith, and activities are cultivation and pracrice in daily living. The “Creative Activity Contest” is conducted to foster creative and effective activity planning to bring in the general public, allowing the thriving of Humanistic Buddhism.
- Organizer: BLIA World Headquarters
III. Eligibility: BLIA chapters, elder advisor committees, subchapters, YAD subdivisions, and scouts troops are eligible for applying as a “unit.”
IV: Activity Theme: Promotion of the major themes of BLIA: “Faith and Legacy,” “Environmental and Spiritual Preservation,” and “To Resolve and To Develop.”
- Faith and Legacy: Actualization of “faith” and “legacy” for fostering Buddhist families, bringing vitality into Buddhism.
- Environmental and Spiritual Preservation: Actualizing environmental and spiritual preservation, promoting of “Vege Plan A,” mountain and beach cleaning, and tree-planting for greening the earth for sustaining the life of the Earth.
- To Resolve and To Develop: Develop BLIA chapter/subchapter/YAD subdivision/scouts troops by reaching into the local communities, or promoting Buddhist festivals for receiving the general public to learn about Buddhism.
1) Material for evaluation: Application form (e-file), activity video (5-10 min), activity photos (10), and activity income and expense statement.
2) Evaluation criteria: Expression of theme 30%, Creativity 30%, Activity Effectiveness 40%
3) Application deadline: Now till May 31, 2020
4) Evaluation method: Organizer to appoint selection committee for evaluating contest entries.
Selected activity projects will be recognized at the 2020 BLIA General Conference in October with prizes from US$500 to $3,000 and award certificates.
- Official website: http://www.blia.org