Let our society be filled with pure and joyful voices
Let our soul sing a common rhythm
We will sing skilful Dharma words via our music – to give others confidence
We will sing wondrous poems via our music – to give others joy
We will sing the Dharma achievements via our music – to give others hope
We will sing the compassionate intention via our music – to give others convenience
Let us compose lyrics and rhythm using Venerable Master Hsing Yun’s Dharma verses
Let us establish a happy society, family and pureland on earth
1.Possess internationality and popular music for Dharma propagation.
2.Songs that are easy to learn, remember and sing.
3.Regardless of professionals or amateur singers, everyone can join.
1.No limit to nationality or age, those interested in song composition can join.
2.Participants are not allowed to double register and submit more than one song.
3.Number of participants: individual or team (2-4 persons).
【Submission of entries】
From today till 30 April 2022.
For details, please refer to our official website :www.blia.org
Register online before 30 April 2022, upload your entry to your Google Drive and open common access link.
Online registration website：https://forms.gle/zjcZSpUvKQD64R8m6.
1.Originality, compatibility of music and lyrics, music arrangement, music composition: 70%
2.Presentation of video/live presentation: 30%
Champion ：trophy, certificate, USD3000
First runner-up ：trophy, certificate, USD2000
Second runner-up ：trophy, certificate, USD1000
Judges’Recommendation Award：certificate, USD500
(1) Judges will select top 30% contestants for semi-finals, with“continents”(America, Asia, Europe, Oceania+Africa) as the basic unit.
(2) Announcement of results: Name lists of semi-finalists will be posted on official website in early June 2022. Organizer will inform semi-finalists via email.
2.Semi-finals:(1) Judges will select top 30% contestants for finals.
(2) Announcement of results: Name lists of semi-finalists will be posted on official website in early August 2022. Organizer will inform finalists the date and location of final contest via email.
3.Finals and Award Ceremony:
(1) Date ：Mid September
(2) To ensure fairness of contest, finalists must be present in person during the contest.
(3) Announcement of results：results will be announced after the finals after discussion by judges, awards will be presented. Results will be posted to official website.
(4) The organizer reserves the right to adjust the contest method, depending on the pandemic situation.
＊The preliminary, semi-final and final performance for adult category can be presented by the song composer himself, or by other people.
1.Need to use lyrics provided by organizer in song composition.
2.File name format:“The Sounds of the Human World Sound Design Contest – Continent – Country – Name of participant”
For instance:“The Sounds of the Human World Sound Design Contest – Oceania – New Zealand – Zhang San Hao”
3.Duration of each song should not be more than 4 minutes.
4.Language: no limit.
(1)Video format: MP4 and HD (1920x1080)
(2)Need to add lyrics
(3)Should not violate public order or morals
6.You may use any equipment to shoot the video, ensure no background noise.
7.Should there be any violation of rules above, the organizer may notify participant to rectify the video, any failure to resubmit a new video will be regarded as participant’s withdrawal from contest.
【Points to Note】
- Participating works must be self-created, respect "intellectual property rights", and prohibit plagiarism or copying of other people's works. If it is found to be true, the organizer will cancel the qualification for the prize and recover the bonus and prizes. The participant shall be responsible for the legal responsibility for the violation of copyright and bear all losses of the organizer.
- The personality rights of all submitted works belong to the creator, and the organizer can use relevant creative elements for brand marketing purposes. Participants agree that the copyright property rights of the work (including but not limited to exclusive reproduction rights, exclusive public dictation, broadcasting, screening, performance, display rights, exclusive alterations, editing rights, exclusive rental rights, etc.) can be retained by the winner .The author’s personality rights can be used by the organizer regardless of location, time, frequency, or method, or authorized by a third party to use it.
- For non-winning works, the organizer reserves the right to promote and distribute the works.
- All applicants shall be deemed to agree to and abide by the various regulations of this contest, respect the evaluation of the selection committee, and shall not discuss the results of the evaluation; the award shall be determined by the selection meeting according to the level of the participant’s work, and it can be processed “as absent” if necessary.The selection committee reserves the final outcome of the results for the contest. The participants are not entitled to appeal to the decision made by the selection committee in regards to the results for the contest.
- The organizer reserves the right to add, modify and change the above activities.
- If there is any dispute, it shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and both the participants and the organizer hereby mutually agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaya.
Q:After submission of entry, how do I know the outcome of my submission?
A:After receiving your entry, the organizer will contact the contestants via email, please ensure your email is correct.
Q:During submission of entry, if there are any technical problems or unable to submit an entry, what should I do?
Q:I received feedback that my entry does not comply with the format or rules of the contest, how do I edit my entry?
A:The notification letter will specify how to submit or upload your edited version of entry, please pay special attention to the letter.
BLIA 2022 The Sounds of the Human World Sound Design Contest Venerable Ru Yin:+60162808683